Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fandom

Recently in my attempt to expand my social circle and expand my knowledge I have joined one of my good friend's Harry Potter fan groups. At first I will admit I was a bit timid about the entire thing but then I went to a picnic and had a great time.

Not only did I make new friends but was convinced to finish the books finally, and also to now see all the movies. Granted I am not a super HP fan, I enjoy reading the stories and love the movies I just need to expand my social cirlce. Get out of my "norm" as some would say. But then again normal is boring, so I have gotten to the point where I need to expand.

I found just from the picnic that these people think a lot like I do but also have some very different ideas too, which is great. And that's what I am looking for.

In the coming months there are more events planned and I will be updating and hopefully posting pictures from those.

The lesson learned here: Don't be afraid to think outside your box, because you really never know how great those who first appear to be so different can be.

*the groups web address is http://hpma.webs.com/. If you are in the Boston area and have any interest in HP I encourage you to check them out. Such a great group of individuals. Great job Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment